Individuals who have special needs are welcome to participate with their peers in any programs offered by our member park districts. We do ask for a minimum of two weeks’ notice in order to provide the adequate accommodations.
M-NASR and our member districts are committed to providing a variety of recreation and leisure choices for individuals who have special needs. We believe that all individuals should be provided with leisure opportunities that allow for performance at their highest level of ability.
M-NASR realizes that park district programs may be the best choice for some individuals, while others may have greater success in M-NASR’s special recreation programs.
What is the cost of inclusion services?
Reasonable accommodations are provided at no cost through M-NASR and your local park district. Participants pay the regular program fees to the park district.
What accommodations are available?
• Varying levels of staff support
• Activity modification
• Behavior management support
• Sign Language interpreter
• Observation and evaluation
• Adaptive equipment
• Visual Systems
What are the benefits of inclusion?
• Ensures that all residents are given the freedom of choice
• Provides services focused on meeting the needs, interests and abilities of each individual
• Provides opportunity for all residents of a community to learn more about each other, to appreciate individual differences and to celebrate diversity
For more information about inclusion services, please contact M-NASR at