of Special Recreation
Recreation programs and services for children, teens and adults with disabilities
Check out our latest program brochures by clicking here.
For updates on the latest COVID-19 guidelines, please see the News & Events section.
How to reach us
- By phone. Call 847-966-5522. Staff are available between 9:00am and 5:00pm, Monday through Friday.
- By email. For a directory of staff emails and phone extensions, click here.
Who We Are
Maine-Niles Association of Special Recreation (M-NASR) has been providing fun, recreational, and beneficial opportunities to individuals with disabilities since 1972. Today we serve over 1,300 children and adults in more than 600 programs, trips, and special events each year. Programming options include recreational or competitive sports, exercise, cultural arts, general recreation, bowling, swimming, and more! In addition, individuals with disabilities who choose to participate in their home park district may benefit from our inclusion services.
M-NASR offers programming and services to individuals with disabilities living within our seven member districts:
The Maine-Niles Association of Special Recreation is dedicated to improving the quality of life and through advocacy and awareness, promoting a successful leisure lifestyle for individuals with disabilities.
NEWS & EVENTS
Posted February 24, 2022: COVID-19 Update
Per the updated guidelines from the Cook County Department of Public Health and the Governor of Illinois, effective February 28, masks are no longer required in indoor settings. As a result, M-NASR is updating its requirements and procedures related to Covid-19. Requirements are subject to change per guidance from CCDPH, IDPH, CDC and M-NASR’s risk management agency.
COVID-19 DIAGNOSIS, SYMPTOMS OR EXPOSURE
If an individual is diagnosed with Covid-19, proof of clearance from a medical professional is required. If an individual is experiencing Covid symptoms, they should stay home and seek medical guidance. If an individual has had close contact to someone with Covid-19, please contact M-NASR before attending programs.
FACE MASKS – Face masks are not required in most situations in M-NASR programs. However, face masks are still required in the following situations:
- While riding M-NASR vehicles (note: physical distancing may not be available on vehicles)
- When programs are at locations that require face masks
- Per CDC guidance if individual had exposure to someone with Covid-19
- Staff are recommended, but not required, to wear face masks while providing personal care such as feeding, toileting or changing, or while assisting participants requiring hand over hand assistance or close proximity supervision
SAFETY PRECAUTIONS – M-NASR will continue to implement the following:
- Promoting physical distance when possible
- Limiting sharing of supplies and equipment when possible
- Providing hand sanitizer
- Additional cleaning and sanitizing of equipment and supplies